Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think a timeless classic is the way to go and where you could meet in the middle. Or use a longer name with a nn he likes-- i.e. Emmeline nn Emma, Emmy; Matilda nn Mattie, Genevieve nn Genna, Eve, Ginny, etc. Sex & the City or Friends names might work: Carroline (Carrie), Miranda, Charlotte, Samantha, Rachel, Monica, Phoebe. Also, does he have anyone in his family he'd like to honor-- mother, grandmother, aunt? These might yield some choices he could live with for other reasons.

Some more possibilities:

Alice
    Amelia (nn Amy?)
    Claire
    Eleanor (Ellie, Nora, etc.)
    Ellen
    Elizabeth/Eliza/Elise/Liza
    Emily
    Felicity
    Fiona
    Gemma
    Grace
    Isla
    Julia/Juliet
    Lillian/Lily
    Lucy (could be nn for Lucinda, Lucia, Luciana, Lucretia)
    Madeline
    Margaret
    Meredith
    Natalie
    Rose
    Sarah
    Serena
    Stella
    Tabitha
    Theresa (nn Tess, Tessa)

I suppose another problem is we both have very strong associations with certain names that put them on our individual Over My Dead Body lists. For myself, Katherine, Laura, and Amber, among others, are all on this list. Also, I see the appeal in a "vintage" name like Laura, but my taste runs more "antique" - I'm looking more to my grandparents and even farther back, while his taste would be more "throwback," like his crushes in middle school who were born mid/late 80s. The only names we can agree on are June (I would use as a possible nickname nickname for Juniper, he likes it alone) and Wednesday (yes, he suggested Wednesday) but I am a little obsessive and couldn't use either if the baby weren't born in June/on a Wednesday, and the way it's looking right now, June is most likely out. Maybe I'm the crazy one here?

ha not too sure if I would be very happy having a daughter named after my partners ex crush!
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert

Hattie/Reeva/Matilda/Winnie/Priya/Lola/Indigo/Thea/Mela

What about a double barrel name? *insert 80's name here*-Jean/Louise/Mae? Amanda-Jean, Hilary-Louise, Samantha-Louise? Or what about Elizabeth? She's a forever classic with a nickname I'm sure you and your husband can agree on.
    Proud mom to Charles Hailey "Charlie" [b. 12/15/11]
    Emilia Edith Corinne "Millie" [dd. Sept, 2013]

Quinn | Daphne | Kellan | Eilidh | Juliet

Declan | Jack | William | Aiden | River

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see"

Maybe pick a family name from your family tree. I agree with looking at what girl names match your boy names on name sites. Otherwise keep reading lists of names.

Here are some names you might like:
    April
    Virginia
    Daisy
    Charlotte
    Elizabeth
    Melody
    Joy
    Bonnie
    Marina
    Heather

If it helps, I like both June and Wednesday. I would use either no matter when she's born.
    Good Luck!