Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Other Name

I was named Margaret Cynthia after my grandmothers, and had I been a boy, the plan was to name me Charles Dominic after my grandfathers. I say "plan", because by the time I was born, I had cousins named Charles on both sides of the family, so Charles was out as a middle name. To replace it, my mother liked James (Dad's name), but Dad didn't want a junior and thought they should stick with the original plan of honoring both grandfathers and go with Grandpa Charles's middle name Thomas. They probably would have gone with Thomas Dominic in the end since Dad was so opposed to James, but I know that Mom refers to the baby she miscarried a few years later as J.D for James Dominic.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

If I had been a boy, my name would have been either Charles "Charlie", Jackson "Jack", or Logan.

I definitely prefer Zoie (though Logan was almost my middle name). But I do like Charles and Jack as middle names.
    Teenberry. INFP. Ravenclaw. Passions: art, theatre, music, psychology, yoga, naming, and reading.
    (Changing my name to Zoie Willow.)

For a future...
    Ever-so Darling Daughter:
    Opal Eleanor ~ Lavender Elaine ~ Harmony Ophelia Maude ~ Poet Aurelia Charlotte ~ India River 'Indie'

Splendid Son:
    Sebastian River - River William Henry - Bodhi James - Hugo Timothy Cole - Apollo Jack

I probably would have been a Roger Perry, which is what my brother is named. Though I'm sure my mother would have fought tooth and nail to have Jeremy in consideration.
    I'm definitely glad I was a girl so I could be Athena.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I'm an Ashley, but I would have been a Tyler had I been a boy.
    Both names are in the top 5 for my birth year, so my parents (I'm pretty sure it was all my mom though) liked popular names.
    I remember seeing a video of when my mom was pregnant, and she said that to the camera, that 'this is either Ashley or Tyler.'
    It's always something I remember so strongly, and I was pretty young when I saw that; and it got deleted later on.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 20!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

I'm Sarina (Serena). If I was a boy, I would've been Jacob. That's now my little brother's name.

I like my name better, it's not as popular as Jacob (My poor brother, haha), and it suits my personality more
    Last edited by sari; June 20th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Sari, high school senior.

The enchanting little witches & wizards: Under Construction and Pending.