Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I pronounce it "Doon", which rhymes with June.

I don't consider Dune to be a person name but a mound of sand. Dunes are common around here so that's automatically what I think of. I'd never consider it because of this (there are other reasons too) but it would work better as a first name than as a middle name.

Have you considered Rune?
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I think it has a really odd sound that I'm not used to hearing in a name. I'd double guess hearing it as "doom" or "dunce." There are better sounding names out there...

I think it would make a quirky middle, no different from using River. And with June rising in popularity as a middle for girls, I don't think it's that far of a stretch to consider Dune for a boy.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

As much as I love nature names, Dune is not an attractive sound. I just don't care for it as a new

Have you considered Dunedin? Probably wouldn't go over well in Scotland but it's a very beachy name here in Florida

Shea * Jade * Azure * Fox * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I just think, 'Arrakis, Dune, home of the spice.' But that's just a sci-fi nerd thing, and even then most people who like that stuff would probably think it was cool. Other than that, I don't mind it.