Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Dune?

I have been really liking Dune as a middle name lately but I would like to get some of your opinions on it. Firstly how would you pronounce it? And secondly would you every consider using it as a middle name?

Thanks in advance.

Dune (pronounced "doon") would be a quirky middle name choice. If a family loves the beach and spends time together at the seaside, choosing Dune would be a great way to honour those special times. The middle spot is the perfect location to go a little more wild.

I just noticed the names in your signature. I can see Dune working well with these boys names (I think Dune is better on a male for some reason).

Oliver Dune
    Elliot Dune
    Jasper Dune
    Henry Dune
    Silas Dune
    Thomas Dune
    Joseph Dune
    Last edited by mischa; June 20th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Pronounced "doon".

No, I would never consider it personally. It makes me think of "dune buggies" and there is also a sci-fi novel/movie called "Dune".

It's not really any stranger than people using River, Bay, Ocean, etc. as a name, though. They're all geographical terms. Us it if it means something to you, but I would for sure recommend keeping it in the middle spot.

I pronounce this name the same as June so to me it sounds more girly. Growing up we when to the beach very often and I have many fond memories of the beach as a young girl.

I just read that the American pronunciation is 'Doon' whereas in Britain it's 'June'.