Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

what is your initial reaction

What is the first thought/emotion/reaction that these names elicit from you?

Gianna
    Lillian
    Shelby
    Olivia

I've gotten some great feedback so far, but I'm still working on narrowing down my list! Thanks for your reply.

Gianna - A very Italian name. Gia is a nickname. Not my fave.
    Lillian - Soft and feminine, but I also think of that Lillian Vernon catalog that comes in the mail. I prefer Lily.
    Shelby - Makes me think of hermit crabs. LOL! It sounds dated to me. I don't like it.
    Olivia - I think of the female cop on Law and Order: SVU and the pig from the Olivia picture books. It's an okay name, but fairly common.

If I were ranking them in order:
    1. Lillian
    2. Olivia
    3. Gianna
    4. Shelby

Lillian and Olivia are such beautiful classics! Shelby is cute, but seems a bit dated. I am not a fan of Gianna.

Gianna - very Italian, would personally only use if I (or my SO) had Italian heritage.
    Lillian - classic, a bit old-lady, but that probably means that it is coming back around into being popular
    Shelby - tomboyish name
    Olivia - nice, but very popular these days

Gianna - as other berries have mentioned Gianna is beautiful, but very Italian sounding.
    Lillian - Beautiful, it's very stunning and has vintage charm!
    Shelby - Cute, I think of an outgoing, friendly girl
    Olivia - Gorgeous, but definitely very popular today, so you need to decide if popularity is important to you or not