Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sailor? Weylin? MacLeod?

I am 30 weeks pregnant with our second little boy.
    Our first son's name is Finn Wilde. We have a two syllable Irish last name that begins with M.

I really like the name Sailor Yeats for baby boy #2. We wanted to do another author's last name for the middle name, and I like the way Yeats sounds (pronounced Yates, as in William Butler Yeats).

But I haven't had a very positive response to Sailor. What do you think?

We also like the name Weylin, as it keeps with the celtic/irish name theme, and MacLeod (pronounce Muh-Cloud) but we would call him Mac.

Does a two syllable first name sound too redundant with our two syllable last name?

Would a one syllable name be better?

Some ideas:

Jack
    Rhys (pronounced Reese)
    Luke
    Leif
    Cole
    Dash
    Ford

Opinions would be greatly appreciated! We are really having trouble with this one!

I don't care for Sailor. I like Weylin (prefer Waylon or Wayland) and love MacLeod (though it might be sing-songy with your two-syllable M surname). I actually think a two-syllable name would work best if you want to use Yeats as the middle.
    Gideon ~ Ezekiel ~ Tobias ~ Emmett ~ Declan ~ Silas ~ Ezra ~ Flynn ~ Jasper ~ Elliot
    Maisie ~ Willa ~ Naomi ~ Vivienne ~ Evangeline ~ Gemma ~ Amaryllis ~ Lux ~ Josephine ~ Sophie
    Shiloh ~ River ~ Sage ~ Rowan

Name Crush of the Moment: Stanley

I love Sailor and like MacLeod. So-so on Weylin. And your author-inspired mn's are great!

Though I prefer Sailor on a girl, I love it for either. Sailor Yeats is fabulous. That said, McLeod makes a more cohesive sibset with Finn.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Sailor, Weylan and MacLeod don't really grab me. Sailor Yeats sounds like a title for a naval officer rather than a person's name. It also is kind of themey with Finn (do you happen to like sailing and fishing? ). Weylan Yeats has a repetive "ay" sound and MacLeod Yeats would be a great name for a law firm. Since both Finn and Wilde are one-syllable, I'm loving the sound of Jack Yeats as a sibling. Second choice would be Luke Yeats. I like the name Rhys but it shares an "s" ending with Yeats so the flow isn't ideal.
    All the best,
    Mischa.