Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sailor? Weylin? MacLeod?

I am 30 weeks pregnant with our second little boy.
    Our first son's name is Finn Wilde. We have a two syllable Irish last name that begins with M.

I really like the name Sailor Yeats for baby boy #2. We wanted to do another author's last name for the middle name, and I like the way Yeats sounds (pronounced Yates, as in William Butler Yeats).

But I haven't had a very positive response to Sailor. What do you think?

We also like the name Weylin, as it keeps with the celtic/irish name theme, and MacLeod (pronounce Muh-Cloud) but we would call him Mac.

Does a two syllable first name sound too redundant with our two syllable last name?

Would a one syllable name be better?

Some ideas:

Jack
    Rhys (pronounced Reese)
    Luke
    Leif
    Cole
    Dash
    Ford

Opinions would be greatly appreciated! We are really having trouble with this one!

I don't care for Sailor. I like Weylin (prefer Waylon or Wayland) and love MacLeod (though it might be sing-songy with your two-syllable M surname). I actually think a two-syllable name would work best if you want to use Yeats as the middle.
    Elliot ~ Silas ~ Henry ~ Gideon ~ Ezekiel
    Evangeline ~ Sophie ~ Maisie ~ Phoebe ~ Josephine

Crushes: Jubal ~ Avery ~ Persephone ~ Seraphina

I love Sailor and like MacLeod. So-so on Weylin. And your author-inspired mn's are great!

Though I prefer Sailor on a girl, I love it for either. Sailor Yeats is fabulous. That said, McLeod makes a more cohesive sibset with Finn.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Wren or Simon Adler | Alice Violetta or Atlas Dov | Julian 'Jules' River or Juniper 'Joon' Lovelace | Roscoe Fox or Marlowe Fritz | Jane Lucinda or Lucien Wilde | Louisa Valor or Eloise March | Ivan Elliot or Iris Cordelia | August Jack or Jasper Hale | Dashiell Jude or Judah Reeve | Thea Marina or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Finnegan Wallace or Felix Raphael

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Sailor, Weylan and MacLeod don't really grab me. Sailor Yeats sounds like a title for a naval officer rather than a person's name. It also is kind of themey with Finn (do you happen to like sailing and fishing? ). Weylan Yeats has a repetive "ay" sound and MacLeod Yeats would be a great name for a law firm. Since both Finn and Wilde are one-syllable, I'm loving the sound of Jack Yeats as a sibling. Second choice would be Luke Yeats. I like the name Rhys but it shares an "s" ending with Yeats so the flow isn't ideal.
    All the best,
    Mischa.