Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow View Post
    There is no such thing as a mean girl name. There are mean girls with all types of names. I knew a mean girl named Julie growing up, but I still don't think of Julie as a "mean girl name" because there are all types of Julie's out there. Perhaps you should focus more on a name that was popular in Virginia and Louisiana at the time these girls were born
    This, exactly. Some of the "mean girls" at my school don't have what you would consider "mean girl" names. I agree with @mellowyellows suggestion of researching names that were popular in Virginia and Louisiana during whenever they were born.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I would make it (for a set of 5): Channing, Jacqueline/Jaclyn, Sophia, Kourtney, and Alicia.

You can look up the most popular girls' names from the year your characters would have been born AND look by state on the Social Security website, if that would make it feel more authentic.

As a Southerner, though, here are some mean-girl names from area (birth years in the early 80s):

Tiffany
    April
    Leslie
    Braye
    Shalonda
    Rachel
    Heather
    Kirby
    Shasta (yes, like the discount soda)
    Kitty
    Liana

The mean girls at my school were named things like Brittany, Brooke, Sydney, Jessi, Tiffany, Taylor, Amanda, Brandie, Nicole, etc.. My archenemy was named Susie.

Married my best friend 5/11/13, mommy to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Name crushes:
    Alice Hazel, Helena Faye,Cleora Beatrice,Gloria Charlotte, Sylvia Edith,Lior Inez
    Solomon Jace, Gideon Charles, Henry , Waylon, Arlo, Mordecai