Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hugh needs a middle!

We are thinking about possible middles for Hugh right now, with Roland as the default if we can't find something we love. Our last name begins with T so we're staying away from names beginning with O and A - though we both have a soft spot for Augusten/Augustin/August. We would also like to avoid a G/J sound to eliminate the sound of Hugh running right into a Guh sound calling to mind "huge."

Some ideas right now:

Hugh Benjamin
    Hugh Samuel
    Hugh Philip (we've nixed that one, but it gives you an idea of what style we like, classics)
    Hugh Thomas
    Hugh Rupert
    Hugh Edward (currently feeling most strongly about this, but is Hugh E. Last name - Hughie - a deal breaker?

As I said, we're not feeling "this is it!" with any of these so I'd love to hear new suggestions!

Thanks in advance

I like Hugh Augusten. Why are you avoiding A's? Because of HAT? I would worry about HAT way less than HOT.

I like the flow of Hugh Benjamin and the look of Hugh Edward. (I don't think the Hugh E. {last name} is a big deal)

Other ideas: Hugh Everett, Hugh Arthur, Hugh Alexander, Hugh Donovan, Hugh Vincent, Hugh Frederick.
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

Thanks, Emsky. Yes, I was avoiding A because of HAT, but you're right, HAT is livable while HOT is just awkward. I do like Arthur with Hugh, and seeing you type Hugh Augusten together really makes me like that combo more and more.

Any other suggestions out there?

I like Hugh Rupert, Hugh Edward and Hugh Thomas the most.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

For me, a vowel name makes the most sense following Hugh. I like Hugh Augustine quite a bit as well as Hugh Alexander. I feel like Hugh needs at least a three-syllable middle. Hugh Xavier, Hugh Sebastian, or Hugh Nathaniel maybe?
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996