Names Searched Right Now:

Family Name Freak-out

So we're still waiting to TTC until late this year, but when I told my husband about my brilliant plan to use his mother's middle name (Dwyn, which I think is pretty awesome) as a middle name for a future daughter, he freaked out on me and told me he didn't want to do that. I was surprised because he is a total momma's boy. Any thoughts, or has anyone had a similar situation?
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

For a long time when we'd talk about names DH didn't like the idea of family names at all. Much more into using names he just liked or liked how they sounded together (nothing wrong with that, but I'm big on at least having a family name in the middle). He completely changed his tune once we were actually talking seriously about names during this pregnancy though and, surprise surprise, came around to loving the idea of using his great grandmother's name in the middle.

Now no guarantees that'll happen in your situation, some people just don't like using family names or don't use names of living people in their culture, or maybe he'd have his own idea of a way to honor his mom...but I'd table it for now and bring it up again down the road when the idea feels a little more "real" to him and he can better gauge how he'd feel about it.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13