Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you like the name Pauline?

Do you like the name Pauline?

I think it has a bit of a classy vintage feel to it, but others say it sounds like it belongs to their great-great-grandmothers.
    Thoughts on the name?

Thinking about naming my baby girl this, after a close friend of mine.
    Would consider Paulina, but I know a horrid one who ruined the name for me.

I like it. It's always sounded like a spunky, WWII-era British girl....Where do these images come from, lol?
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Hmm, I am afraid I agree--Pauline sounds like a grandma's name to me. Probably because the only Pauline I know is my cousin's grandmother, and she always seemed awful to me. I find Paulina quite appealing, and I used to know someone with Paulina Eden on her list--I always thought that was so lovely! If you love Pauline, though, it'd be quite unexpected, and I'm sure people would grow to love it. And Polly could be sweet as a nn, if you wanted one (honestly, I'm not terribly fond of the -olly names--Polly, Molly, even Holly, though I do think Holly is sweet--but Pauline nn Polly is pretty cute). I would just make sure to go with a more modern/in-style or even classic middle, to give her options if she can't stand Pauline. Like Pauline Violet or Pauline Claire or Pauline Isabelle.

I don't have a problem with grandma names but Pauline just isn't an attractive name in general in my opinion. I usually don't like feminizations in general and the -een ending sound sounds kind of bus driver-y if that makes sense.
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I'm not a fan at all. It's not even grandma-y to me, it's more like permanently middle-aged woman, like Barbara and Janet - for me, anyways. I don't think it has that cute, vintage come-back factor.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan