Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combining two names

Any idea on how to combine the two names Beverly and Bettie? They are my grandmas and I would love to figure out a way to honor both in one.

If not its okay, I just figure so many of you out there are so dang creative.

My only thought so far is 'bea' as a middle name, but the name we want as a first is also one syllable, and so is our last name. Is that too much?

Maybe a double barreled name? Beverly-Bette is kind of cute. I think Bette works a little better than Bettie for this.

I like the idea of Bea as a shared nickname for the middle name. Bevie may also work.
    Last edited by katushka; June 20th, 2013 at 02:28 AM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Beatrice maybe? It has the 'Bea' beginning, and a 't' too.

I would avoid a single-syllable first name. I have a single syllable last name too, ugh. Short/single syllable firsts just sound choppy and - short. Most of the time, she would be called by her first and last name...

Perhaps Elizabeth Ever or Everly Elizabeth? Bettie would be a diminutive of Elizabeth, and Ever/Everly are taken from Beverly.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

You could always do Beverly-Bettie.
    Or spell it Beverlie, getting the -ie from the name Bettie while keeping the sound of Beverly.
    Girls: Prairie, Lillian, Samantha, Winter, Zoe, Phoebe, Sage, Leah, Caroline, Alice, Robin, Kelly, Gracie, Dakota, Tessa, Rose, Lyric, Maple, Heidi
    Boys: Jacob, Craig, Timothy, Anthony, William, Noah, Michael, John, Alexander, Daniel, Matthew, Nathaniel, David, Benjamin,