Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Something to spunk up James?

Our first son is James Wyatt. Both our dads are named James and it was a no-brainer for us because I love both the name and the family ties to it. For baby number two, I'm trying to match it with something a little more unique tho and I want I avoid doing a "Henry" "Charles" or "Andrew" as a name for his little brother.

What do you think of:

Rowan
    Silas
    Easton

Ideally, I'd like to use Wood as the middle name (another family name) but I'm open to other ideas or thoughts on that.

Thank you!!!

I'v always loved Silas, and Silas Wood is a lovely combination. I like Rowan too, but Rowan Wood is a little overkill because of the tree.
    EDIT: Actually -- I just looked it up, and Silas means wood, so that name is actually the one that's overkill! Regardless, Silas is lovely, just maybe not with that middle.
    teenberry -- writer -- drama kid
    Current crushes (constantly changing):
    Girls: Thea, Aurelia, Rosalind, Rose, Rowena, Helena, Hermione, Carys, Clio, Cassia, Viola, Lily, Lila, Lucy, Seren, Maia, Mirabel.
    Boys: Miles, James, Jasper, Jude, Graham, Arthur, Oliver, Leo, Lewis, Wesley, Rory, Rowan, Caspian, Silas, Sebastian.

Easton Wood sounds like East Wood, which sounds like a) somewhere Robin Hood would go and b) Eastwood, as in Clint Eastwood. Silas means "wood" or "forest," and Rowan is a type of tree. So I'm not loving any of those with the middle name Wood. Maybe...

Eamon Wood
    Elias Wood
    Harmon Wood (although this feels familiar to me for some reason...)
    Tobias Wood
    Murphy Wood
    Grady Wood
    Maddox Wood
    Riley Wood
    Lincoln Wood
    Tyson Wood
    Levi Wood
    Ezra Wood
    Everett Wood
    Bryant Wood
    Sullivan Wood
    Declan Wood
    Finnegan Wood
    Quentin Wood
    Gabriel Wood
    Isaac Wood
    Donovan Wood
    Felix Wood
    Gavin Wood
    Nolan Wood
    Caleb Wood
    Griffith Wood
    Mercer Wood
    Emily, 18, Southeastern US.
    College student and avid name nerd.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Silas Wood, I think would work, despite the meaning.

Unfortunately, I don't think your other two ideas work. Rowan Wood sounds like a type of forest; Easton Wood sounds like a location...the eastern forest.

I like where you are going with Silas..I think you should continue to consider some of the neglected Biblical names like Gideon or Tobias, and especially New Testament names, like Jude or Simon, so there won't be a total disconnect between the sibling names.
    Obsessing over names since 1964

I like Silas Wood, but some other ideas for honoring Wood...

Easton Cedar
    Easton Oakley
    Silas Teak
    Silas Oak
    Silas Pine
    Rowan Alder