Names Searched Right Now:

Help me name my hypothetical offspring!

Hello. My fiancé and I are getting married in August, and are planning on starting a family about a year or so afterwards. However we got talking about names for our hypothetical offspring last night, and I think I’ve caught the naming bug!

Below is a shortlist of my favourites. Please take a look and give me your honest opinions. I’ll be taking on my fiancé’s surname, which is a short single-syllable name beginning with C. Any children would have this surname also, so we’ve ruled out any single-syllable first names beginning with C.

Any suggestions on other names we might like for a hypothetical young’uns welcome!

Lorna Evelyn
    Astrid Eleanor / Astrid Penelope
    Megan Penelope / Megan Tabitha
    Beatrice Tabitha / Beatrice Anastasia
    Elara Beatrice
    Rachael Ophelia
    Hester Evelyn / Hester Penelope

Hamish Alexander / Hamish Alistair / Hamish Orion / Hamish Arthur
    Rupert Zachary / Rupert Henry / Rupert Tobias / Rupert William
    Martin Tobias / Martin Arthur
    Peter Leopold
    Matthias Henry / Matthias Andrew

(Side note: I really like the name Astrid, but I’m worried it may become very popular, and therefore dated later on. My fiancé is an astronomy buff, hence Orion and Elara, which is one of the moons of Jupiter.)
    Girl Names: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boy Names: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx

Your list contains names that I haven't even heard of which is always awesome to find.

Out of your girl's name list I absolutely adore: Astrid, Elara, Ophelia, and Hester. I just don't like the names that they're with. You're worried about Astrid becoming to popular while Rachael and Megan are WAY past popular and overused. However, Hester Penelope and Astrid Penelope are too cute! And what about Callisto for a little girl? Callisto being another moon of Jupiter. Then there's Calypso and Daphnis too which are Saturn's moons. (:

Out of your boy's name list I absolutely adore: Hamish, Alexander, Alistair, Orion, Tobias, and Leopold.
    Hamish Alexander: What an awesome combo to use with an one-syllable last name!
    I don't like Martin with Tobias much. I just think Tobias is really unique and should be used with another unique name to match. Loki Tobias? Jago Tobias? Awesome! In your signature, you have some really awesome boy names and guilty pleasures in there! Digory? Damaris? Great taste in names!
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Thanks for your response. I'm so glad to find someone else who likes Hester, as my fiance is sceptical. Hamish Alexander is also my favourite of the various combinations for a boy.

I'm ok with Megan and Rachael being overused because, to me, they've stood the test of time long enough. They've been very popular names for a long time, yet I stilll like them enough to consider them as possibilities, which isn't always the case with me (e.g. I liked the names Isla and Imogen until a lot of babies started cropping up on my Facebook feed with these names, so perhaps I didn't like them as much as I thought). Although I suppose there is plenty of time to see how I feel about Astrid when we do actually start breeding!

I quite like Callisto on it's own, but neither of us like alliterative names, which unfortunately with our surname rules out all the C & K names. Such a shame because there are some gorgeous C names out there.
    Girl Names: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boy Names: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx