Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

At a complete loss... Name for Lorelei's little brother?

Well, it looks as if we are at a complete stand-still. We've been browsing name books/websites/blogs/forums for a couple months now, and we have yet to even compile a list of possibilities. I'm not sure what it is, but I believe we are in somewhat of a naming rut. I was hoping you wise berries would be able to help us out.

We're looking for a name that pairs well with Lorelei, our daughter's name. It's not like we're going for a name theme, but I want this little dude to have a name that we love just as much and has just as much weight/character that Lorelei does.

My Husband's been stuck on Emmett, George, and Henry as names that he likes for boys... And as much as I can appreciate the classic feel to these names, I know that none of those are right for our little guy. In general, I like Arlo, Evander, Finn, Felix, and Thatcher for boys, but again none of these names are really popping out at me.

So, if any of you have any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I would recommend looking through German names, since Lorelei is German also.
    I looked through the list and found quite a few possibilities, however one name stood out to me:
    Abelard
    Last edited by sierra_the_novelist; June 19th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    I'm Sierra.
    I write poetry.
    I have no life--just my imagination.

Winifred, Faye, Adelheid, Agnes, Anne, Eleanor, Hollis, Arthur, Benedict, Finn

I have to say, I think your husband has fabulous taste in names! George, Emmett, and Henry are a few of my favs! I like Finn and Felix from your list. How about:

Bennett
    Elliot
    Walter
    August
    Thomas
    Edward
    Grey
    Graham

With Lorelei, I like Evander the best from your lists. I think Lorelei needs a more unusual name with a bit of a whimsy vibe for her sibling.

Suggestions

Gideon
    Rufus
    Tarquin
    Tristan
    Artemas
    Horatio
    Ferdinand
    Barnaby
    Valerian
    Peregrine
    Phineas
    Jasper
    Inigo
    Dashiell
    Augustus
    Emeric
    Conrad
    Andreas
    Fabian
    Philemon
    Constantine
    Cedric
    Otto
    Balthazar
    Casimir
    Maximilian
    Zebulon
    Magnus
    Rudolf
    Bruno
    Ambrose
    All the best,
    Mischa.

my name is Lorelei. my brothers are Craig, Darren, and Lance.

I actually like all the names your husband and you like, except Arlo, and think all would pair well with Lorelei

other ideas:
    Everett
    Graham
    Gilbert
    Bennett
    Theodore
    Alaric
    Monroe
    Ruben
    Warren
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~