Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It's a very loud name, and I think that goes either way with people. I like it, but I can see how it would be hard for a shy girl to pull off. (Another possible reason it isn't heard very much - my first association with it is the former "Pussycat Doll" Carmen Electra, but I don't know how well-known that reference is)
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I too love the name Electra. I only worry that it's too sensual due to Carmen Electra.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

I can't disassociate it from "Electra complex," unfortunately. For me, between the Greek tragedy, interpretations like "Mourning Becomes Electra," and Plath, Electra has this creepy murder-incest-suicide vibe going on. (And a bit of a stripperish one, too, which creates a weird dichotomy.)

I love the Italian form, Elettra, but I feel like it has a different energy than Electra.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

I thought I was the only one who liked this name. Guess I was wrong!
    Girls: Prairie, Lillian, Samantha, Winter, Zoe, Phoebe, Sage, Leah, Caroline, Alice, Robin, Kelly, Gracie, Dakota, Tessa, Rose, Lyric, Maple, Heidi
    Boys: Jacob, Craig, Timothy, Anthony, William, Noah, Michael, John, Alexander, Daniel, Matthew, Nathaniel, David, Benjamin,

Oh, Electra...One of my favorite names, I even consider it for future. I do like Elettra too, and don't care about Carmen Electra - it's not even her first name and not real.
    ETA: just thought about nickname options. You can go with either Ellie(a bit boring), Lexie(kind of stretch) or even Lettie(drool). What an amazing name!
    Last edited by mclevine; June 20th, 2013 at 07:28 AM.