Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Month Itch

{Eve | Vivian | Cora | Beatrix | Jane | Rowan | Clara | Helena | Celeste}

[Jack | James | Theodore | Leo | Gideon | Kieran | Simon | Oliver]

I definitely agree about picking something short! Luckily, long, frilly names don't appeal to us, so we won't be tempted to stray from our (unintentional) pattern. Part of me thinks we should pick another two syllable name so #5 wouldn't be the only sister without a two syllable name. And part of me also wants to pick a four letter name so Miss Cora isn't the only one without a five letter name. I also worry about choosing another name with an L, again making Cora the odd-girl-out. But then I realize that I'm over thinking it... I try to remind myself that we're naming individuals and that their names will only be lumped together on Christmas cards (and a few other places).

@mrs_anton_yelchin1990 - Thank you for the suggestions! I love Hazel and Mabel, but I don't like that they share an ending with Sybil. I adore Jane, but then I start to worry that it is only one syllable. But points for being 4 letters! I also love Alice, but it looks too similar to Olive for my taste. Greta is great, and something I've never considered before. Rose is beautiful, but maybe a little too light?

@dame - Thanks! I love Daphne and Phoebe (one of our top choices for Olive!).

@averelladavina - Thank you! I absolutely love Mary! Plus, it's two syllables and four letters! Definitely a great option, but as I think about it, I remember that it does have the Downton Abbey connection. I love the show, but am iffy about having three daughters share names with main characters. Ooh, Beth is beautiful and so sweet! We considered Edith for Olive, but scratched it off the list because of Downton Abbey. Elise is lovely as well!

@peacebird10 - Thanks! I love Violet, but it's become too popular for my taste. I adore Estelle! It's going on the list!

@southernbeauty - Ivy is adorable, but unusable for us because of the Ivy League. Bridget is great, and unexpected! Thanks!

@emmabobemma - Thank you! My husband and I will keep that in mind! As for names, I love June! Vera is beautiful, and again I find myself loving Mabel - I can't decide if it's too similar to Sybil. Ooh I absolutely adore Blythe! Thanks again!

@ashthedreamer - I'm glad you like Hugo and Frederick. We've had plenty of time to think about boy's names! Ha! Yes, I'm afraid Edith is a little too Downton for us to use. I still love it, but when we considered if for Olive I hadn't seen the show. Now that I've caught up, and become rather obsessed, I just don't think I could do it. Also, Edith doesn't seem to have the best luck... I love Flora, but it's far too similar to Cora. Again, I love Alice, but I don't like Olive and Alice together. LOVE Nell! I'm not sure about a full name, though. Thanks!

@lorijohnson - Good to "see" you again, too! How are you? I adore Emse and Maude (as you may remember). But I'm absolutely crushing on Gwen! I love it! Thank you!

@katemp91 - I love Clare (and Clara) and Mae. Thanks!

@pardalote - Thank you! I adore Margot, but it's a close friend's name so we sadly can't use it.
    Mom to Willa, Cora, Sybil, and Olive.

I have an Olive and her sisters are Abigail (Abby) and Rosie.

Since you seem to have 2 syllable names you might want to stay with that trend here are some more suggestions:

Gracie
    Ida
    Mabel
    Minnie
    Current Favorites:

Girls: Ruby, June,Penelope, Pepper, Matilda, Chloe, Arya, Aurelia, Cricket, Myfawnwy

Boys: Jack, Phillip, Patrick, Sebastian, Bennett, Copper

If I had a child tomorrow I'd name it:
    Ruby June or Sebastian Patrick

I adore your daughters names! Seriously, they make me happy. I agree with other berries, the name should be short and sweet. A few ideas:
    Esther
    Margot
    Petra
    Ada
    Thea
    Nora
    Rose
    Vera
    Agnes
    Jane
    Celia
    Pearl

I hope you find a name that fits!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsays View Post
    Part of me thinks we should pick another two syllable name so #5 wouldn't be the only sister without a two syllable name. And part of me also wants to pick a four letter name so Miss Cora isn't the only one without a five letter name. I also worry about choosing another name with an L, again making Cora the odd-girl-out. But then I realize that I'm over thinking it... I try to remind myself that we're naming individuals and that their names will only be lumped together on Christmas cards (and a few other places).
    I almost always notice when parents have a favorite letter; I immediately saw the one name without an l, and thought you might want to remedy that. If Cora cares about a lot about names/patterns, it will bother her if all her sibs have an l and she doesn't. It would bother me but I can see where many people simply wouldn't think it important enough to even mention.
    Also, I wouldn't choose another five letter name. Three or six, anything but five.
    I don't have suggestions but I like some of the ones suggested by others. Ivy, but you say that's out. Bridget is great, too.
    Forty-something mom to three teenage girls and an eleven-year-old boy
    Foster mom to two sweet sisters born Aug 2011 and Sept 2012 and another wee girl born Aug 2013