Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not So Secret Identity...

So, I'm writing this story about a boy who's part siren (the mythical creature...) and his name's Silas Jason Odyssalides. Too obvious? It's supposed to be a secret... Does the name give him away?
    Some people are worth melting for.

lol the Odyssalides definitely puts it over board. The other two are much more common names so I think Silas Jason is fine, but the Odyssalides is a little much.

Yeah, I agree that it's really obvious. Maybe do some research on a surname website and find a name with a meaning that has to do with water or something? Here's a website I use a lot, I think I got it from someone else on Nameberry:

http://www.surnamedb.com/

Just go to the index and pick a letter that you think would mesh with Silas Jason. There's a lot of history on each name
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Girls: Seraphine, Kristabel, Magdalena, Shiloh, Opal, Jobie, Calla, Seeley, Noelle, Mara, Lucille

Boys: Robin, Gabriel, Mackenzie, Nash, Phillip, Raphael, Edmund, Abraham, Lewis, Pierce, Link

Current Crushes: Mackie and Devlin

I agree that the surname is too obvious. Silas Jason is fine, but I think he should have a different last name.

http://www.surnamedb.com/ is definitely a site you should check out.

I agree with everyone elses opinion; the surname is a bit obvious...
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski