Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kalyani.....

Kalyani.....

Kalyani (an Indian name) is actually my mum's name and I haven't actually ever really liked it though I totally adore my mum........ But the other day - my mum surprised me when she said that she would love us to use it.......A real dilemma as nature won't allow us to have a large family but what to do.....It's impossible to honour my mum, hubbys mum and other folk that have sentimental connections......
    In Indian it is pronounced 'Kohl-uuni' but how would the west pronounce it do you think - just curious.....

Many thanks
    Last edited by caspar1; June 19th, 2013 at 11:36 AM.

I actually love this movie, although it reminds me of Deepa Mehta's film "Water"... which is depressing to say the least. I think most would say Kal-yahn-ee.
    INTJ Anthropologist Living in the centre of China, married to a Persian, and just enjoying a completely unpredictable life

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 7/14

Raphael Kaveh, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Beatrice Tamineh, Viola Katayoun

Yes, Kal-yah-nee is how I would have said it. You could use it in the middle? 2 middles? Or you could just tell her you worry it would offend all the others you'd want to honor as well.
    Cora Esme Hazel Matilda Sylvie Thea Willa Zara
    Archer Emrys Jasper Julian Leo Rhys Sawyer Theo

Okay that's interesting - I thought folk would pronounce it - Calie - Ani.....

Yes - it's getting head in a right muddle trying to include too many names so I think I must just have tell people that as we don't want to offend anyone - we won't use any family names.

I love it! So exotic and honors family and your heritage. The only problem I see it the prn issue. I also thought it was Kal yah nee.