Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Opal poised for a come-back?

Just out of curiosity. Do you think Opal is going to re-emerge like its gemstone counterparts, Pearl and Ruby? Or do you think it will remain relatively unused despite the popularity of 'grandma' names? I am name-crushing on Opal so I'd like to know your thoughts on its trajectory! Thanks! -K

I only know one Opal and it's the stage name of a 30 something, I can't see it being as big as Ruby but would expect it to be heading upwards with the general gemstone trend.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Meh. It sounds so closed, it really drops when you say it. And then plus, the well-read of my generation (in terms of fantasy) would associate the name with a villain from Artemis Fowl. So probably not.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I love Opal! I think it'll go a little bit at least, but nowhere near as popular as Ruby. I think you're relatively safe. It might have a blip in popularity strictly because of it being a gemstone name, but I don't think it will be in the Top 100 anytime soon.
    Previous account: elrock13

I don't think it has potential for a Cinderella Story, but it could make a small comeback.
    I love Opal myself!
    Lucia
    Name aficionada, traveller, teacher, wonderfully enamoured
    Sela Beatrix, Adelaide Flora, Vivian Lilac, Orchid Minerva, Audrey Cordelia
    Opal, Zinnia, Sefora, Leire, Nuria, Freya

Bastian Liher, Gideon Felix, Fletcher Atlas, Ephraim Grey, Joscelin Amos
    Eneko, Ekhi, Bruno, Oriol, Earnest, Ivor