Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canaan

Canaan

Name straight from the bible; the only thing I would be worried about is pronunciation. (KANE-en) / ( KAY -nan) Thoughts about the name! It's different and not heard very often and I love just the meaning to it.

Canaan is one of the formal names given to "the promised land" held for the nation of Israel in the Old Testament of the Bible.
    If I'm on this account that means my other account was accidently locked up again.

I love the name Canaan! Then again, I've grown up reading the Bible so it's not unfamiliar to me, and the pronunciation wouldn't give me any troubles. Perhaps to people who didn't spend a lot of time in church it'd be confusing.
    Last edited by lineylou; June 19th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Canaan was also the son of Ham in the Bible... he was cursed. I don't really know that it's a good or appropriate name. How about Keane, Kian, Keaton, etc.?
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I think people are going to have a really hard time pronouncing and spelling it. I -know- it's pronounced KAY-nen and on site I still want to say something along the lines of Can-AHN/Cannon. And if you spell it phonetically (Kaynin or Cainen etc) it just becomes trendy-looking and strange.

If it's really important to you to use it then by all means, but I'd be prepared for a lifetime of spelling and pron. troubles.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

It's not that important. I just actually heard the name yesterday and I thought of adding it to the list.

Some middle names ideas as well please :
    I was thinking;
    Canaan Gabriel
    Canaan Noah
    Canaan Jacob
    Canaan Nolan
    Last edited by alexnichellee; June 19th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
    If I'm on this account that means my other account was accidently locked up again.