Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Caylee tainted?

Popularity aside, has Casey Anthony ruined the name and spelling of Caylee for people? Kind of like "Katrina" was ruined by the hurricane? Just curious, I saw the name was searched at the top of the site and it's my favorite way to spell Kaylee/Kaylie etc. but I think the association would turn me off from it.
    PREGNANT with our first!!!

My name is Caroline, BeatrixDaisy is just a name I like!

My favorite names:
    Emilia, Beatrix, Juliette, Chloe, Madeline, Audrey, Emerson, Alaina, Felicity, Coralie, Alessandra, Katherine, Lucy, Luna
    Holden, Noah, Nathaniel, Caleb, Cameron, Adam, Calvin, Travis, Ronan, Hudson, James, Paul, Peter, Mason, Troy

For me, it's useable. Virtually evey name has at least one bad association, and if people let name associations get to them, no one would have a name. Caylee is my favorite spellin of the name as well, and I'd still use it. If you like it, use it.

Completely off subject, but when you say 'searched at the top of the site' do you mean the list at the top of Nameberry's site that shows what name were just searched (not the name cloud)? I'm just curious because mine disappeared a few weeks ago, and your post is starting to make me think it just might be my computers.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

To be honest, I didn't even think of the Casey Anthony situation until you mentioned it. I think it's fine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Girl Names
    Rose Aberdeen--Isla Jane--Fiona Jude--Ailsa May--Eilidh Wren--Elsie Niamh--Mairi Lark

Boy Names
    Henry Forrest--Niall Rhys--Ewan Scott--Rory James--George Ruairidh--Hugh Alastair
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think its fine. Caylee is a popular enough name so I don't think most people will make the connection.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this post was Caylee Anthony. I wouldn't be able to use it with this spelling. Maybe Cayleigh?