Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks again for reponses... I have replied individually in the previous post.

This is where we are:
    Boaz is not totally off the table, but the discussion is now open again...

We are re-visiting:
    Bram (DH has always had a 'meh, it can stay on the list' reponse to this one)
    Soren
    Frederick
    Luther
    Heath
    Solomon
    Marek
    Merrick
    Barnaby

I have added other 'ric' type names to the mix: Warwick, Alaric, Osric, Edric (yet to discuss these with DH)

I'm really, really open to suggestions if anyone has any new inspiration for me... Main criteria are:
    No D, G, R or C names
    Nothing that ends in /s/
    Rare (preferably. Definately not top 100 in Australia)
    Cohesive (but not necessarily matchy) with big brothers Gebriael (Ethiopian form of Gabriel), Roscoe and Cormac (more idea of our style is in the lists in my first post)

Baby will be __________ Geoffrey Mekonnen Day-vus

I would also love to hear people's opinions on using Barnaby, given that it is the name of a prominent politician here in Australia whose political philosphies I loathe... AussieBerries care to chime in??

Thanks very much in advance,
    Katie (who is hoping for labour soon and dreading heading to L&D with no clear ideas on a name!!!)
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

[CENTER]
    Mommy to
    Nils David * Serafina Ann

Loves:
    Zia, Lorelei, Elowen, Vera, Adeline, Cordelia, Zorah

Judah, Peter, Fredric, Olin, Dean, Jonah

My first thought when I read Hemlock was Havelock. I love this name but my SO is unfortunately not on the same page. I like Barnaby but I'm in the US and know nothing of Aussie politics. Have you considered Bernard, Barney, Joaby, Bardey, Bardric, or Araby? Frederick, Marek, and Merrick are all quite nice IMO. I think Alaric is a great one along those lines! You could also consider Roderick, Alric, Aldric, Audric, Aurek, or Auric? Bernek or Basek? If you like Soren what about Oren, Joren, or Buren? Heath is nice, what about Booth, Laith, Leith, Leif, Seth, Hale, Hurst, or North? Luther is way cool IMO, what about Lucan, Lucian, or Werther? Solomon is adorable and Bram is a personal fav of mine, do you like Abram, Amory, Brom, Bertram, Brigham, or Eliam, Hallam, Absalom, Axel, or Marcel?

Some random suggestions: Fifer, Huxley, Quentin, Leander, Alistair, Lonan, Vander, Edmund, Edwin, Roland, Hadrian, Larkin, Tobin, Vaughn, Altair.

I hope you get your Boaz! I think it is so cool and my heart breaks for you that you are thrown back to the drawing board after being so sure. Good luck with everything!

From Your list I love Frederick and Bram, I think they go really well with their siblings.

Other ideas: Baz, Levi, Xavier, Byram, Abram, Bramdon, Thayer, Addar, Benno, Barnabas
    Good luck with your naming!!

Thanks so much for your responses.

@sweetpeace13 - Thanks so much - Soren, Heath and Bram are all getting a lot of love!

@ellieberry - Thankyou for your kind words I've added a lot of your suggestions to our 'to talk about' list. Your suggestions from what we're considering so far are great - I like:
    Bernard,
    Audric,
    Auric,
    Oren,
    Leith, Leif (DH has felt the latter two too feminine in the past - I particularly like Leif),
    Lucan (worry about being close to Lucas, though),
    Abram,
    Bertram.

Your random suggestions are also great and you've nailed our style for some: Fife has been on my list in the past, as has Vaughn and Edmund (Cormac was almost Edmund), Alistair was my paternal grandfather's name and I really like it, but he was a bit of a pig and estranged from my Dad and I think he would hit the roof if we used it Edwin is DH's fathers name and DH's and (one of) DS#1's middle name. Edwin has reminded me of Oswin, however, which I have been chewing over today... Altair I like and have suggested before and DH's response was something like "Altair - the airline you use when you don't fly Emirates" (sigh, good job I love that guy!)

@rachek - thanks for your response and welcome to Nameberry - I am a relative newbie as well Baz is great and was a possible nickname we had tossed around for Boaz. I feel it lacks some oomph on its own though. Also love Abram and Barnabas (Barnabas doesn't work with our surname. Levi and Xavier are uber-popular here!!

Thanks again
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)