Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thought we'd nailed a name for baby boy #4, but now not so sure (take 2)

Hi Berries,
    I posted a few weeks ago with a dilemma DH and I were having around naming our fourth son Boaz, specifically surrounding the nickname Bo and our surname (sounds like Day-vus) sounding a bit like bodacious... Anyway, we worked through that, and I was happy that we were still set with Boaz, but it has become clear to me over the last couple of weeks that DH is not comfortable with it He says he is, but he has come out with random "You know, I've really like the name ________" comments on and off, and then yesterday suggested we use the second middle name we have chosen as a first name. He says he is happy, but 'has some doubts' (umm... yes, my darling, that makes no sense!). I kind of feel like we need to go back to the drawing board...

So, I would love some advice and/or suggestions from all you clever berries, pretty please...

To give some perspective:

Current short-list is in my siggy, but, other than Boaz, I don't feel 'in-love' with any of these anymore.

My list includes/has included names like:
    Boaz
    Bram
    Luther
    Frederick
    Marek
    Soren
    Darragh
    Solomon
    Dimitri
    Vadim
    Clancy
    Grover
    Art

DH's suggestions have been:
    Hudson
    Lawson
    Barnaby
    Hemlock (was not joking and really, really liked it)
    Merrick (I think this was jumping off Marek)
    Mekonnen (this is what we have chosen for our son's second middle - it is an Ethiopian name meaning 'noble', which is a nod to our first son's Ethiopian heritage)

Names we agreed on for our previous boys:
    Clem
    Heath

DH is picky and has rules:
    nothing starting with D, G, R, or C,
    nothing ending in a /s/ sound (too hissy with Dayvus),
    nothing that sounds like it could go over to the girls (e.g. a schwa ending (Ezra, Ivor etc)).

I have tried to budge him, particularly on the alliteration with our surname, or kids sharing initials, but he is adamant. To top it off, we both work in schools, so we both tend to have strong associations with popular names and prefer rare, but real, names...

Full name of baby boy will be ____________ Geoffrey Mekonnen 'Day-vus'

We are full-term - EDD is next week - so I am starting to feel a little stressed... and I am definately starting to grieve Boaz

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou in advance,

Katie
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

I honestly think Bram would be great, particularly with his siblings!
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

I really like Bram and Hudson. Not a fan of Boaz sorry

Good luck

From your list, I like Frederick, Soren, Solomon, Dimitri, Heath, and Clancy. I think any of those go well...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Heath is one of my favorite boys names. Heath Geoffrey Mekonnen Dayvus. Heath Dayvus. My second choice would be Bram. Bram Geoffrey Mekonnen Dayvus. Bram Dayvus.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.