Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Millicent: uncommon nicknames?

I've always loved Milly/ Millie, but it's just so popular now that I'm wondering if there are any other nicknames that could work?
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Mimi would be cute. Also, I think most names that start with "M" could use the nickname Emmy or Em.

This is not as intuitive, but perhaps Ilsa could work. You can almost hear it in Millicent. Or Liss? Or Leese? Or maybe even Liz? Or Lizzie?

@je m'appelle, thank you! Love all of those ideas. Would not have thought of Emmy or Lizzy! Is Izzy too much of a stretch? I ask because my husband loves it.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Icey might work because Millicent has ice in it.
    I don't know any children who go by Millie. It doesn't strike me as over popular, just adorably familiar. I know about 10 Isabelle's who go by Izzy but I don't know any Millie's.
    I agree the Mimi would also be way cute. I think Lissa or Lissie would work, also.
    Good luck!

If you're in the US like your location says, I'm wondering what makes you think Millie is "too popular"? As a given name, it was ranked 717 and it's not too common of a nickname for other names that contain "mil".

Millicent could be called Penny (-cent = penny).
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly