Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Draco? Too Malfoy?

My best friend and I were talking about how a few years ago she was set on naming a son Draco. She thinks that's funny now but I thought hmm, I actually kind of like it. Does it forever sound like a villain because of Draco Malfoy or is it kind of cool?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Too Malfoy! Especially since that's a children's book, and at some point he and all his friends will be reading it--or, if they're like my kids, dreaming it, acting it out, drawing it, etc.

Definitely too Malfoy. I'm a big HP fan but I still think its too much. I can actually see Harry Potter becoming part of the English curriculum in schools in the future, in the same way Gone with the Wind/To Kill a Mockingbird etc. are studied now. Use it in the middle if you really love it.

Grace, Early 20's and Bride-to-Be...Dreaming of Future Babies.

Lucy Primrose, Alice Juliette, Rose Charlotte, Madeline Sophie, Lillian Faye, Ivy Elena, Amélie Winter.
    Mae Seraphina nn Maisy, Phoebe Luna, Annabella Violet, Kate Susannah.
    Noah Samuel, Rory Joshua, Luca Gabriel, Isaac Beau, Louis Daniel, Henry Rowan, William Elliott, Roman Alexander.

I'm in the minority, I guess, because I think it's fine... At some point, people are going to have to deal with the fact that names like Draco, Hermione, Lucius etc were names long before JK Rowling decided to use them.

There is always Drake, of course, but it doesn't have the same swagger as Draco!
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

While I love the name, I think almost everyone who hears/sees the name is automatically going to think of Draco Malfoy. That being said, it's still an awesome name. If people like it, I think they should use it.
    Last edited by lilauburn13; June 19th, 2013 at 02:31 AM.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux