Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love the name Draco and would use it in a heart beat! I say go for it. The more people use it, the less it will be associated with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust_and_diamonds View Post
    I love the name Draco and would use it in a heart beat! I say go for it. The more people use it, the less it will be associated with the character.
    While I think it's quite Malfoy, I agree with this. Plus, I don't think the younger generation will make this connection. Harry Potter will fade, just as every other movie, song, etc. does. The other way to look at it is that name meanings change all the time. Even if you gave your kid a name with no pop culture or negative associations, one movie or song could ruin that at any time.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

The first Harry Potter book came out when I was in high school and I was furious when I learned Draco was a main character. I've loved that name since I was in 1st grade. Unfortunately it is too HP since so many people had never heard of it before the books. I'd look like a fangirl. I had resorted to Drake, but then the rapper Drake came along so that's out of the running for a fn (I may use it as a mn)

If you don't mind the association, then Draco or Drake are great but I just couldn't do it.

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I honestly think Drake is a great option. It isn't too close to Draco and I think it's even more handsome.

To me, using Draco is the same as using Severus or Bellatrix. You might be able to get away with something like Hermione or even Albus, but villains are tough.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Yay Draco! I loved that name growing up because it was the name of my neighbors dog, and then again because of HP. I think it's still got potential. Like etkatie said these names were names long before Harry Potter came out. After all, we didn't let Twilight take away options like Jacob/Bella/Edward/Isabella. Granted they were already more well known, but even the less popular names like Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, etc.

Personally I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to use it as a first name, but I would stick it in the middle in a heartbeat! And I would absolutely love to meet a little Draco! How refreshing would that be!
    Luna