Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisco View Post
    That 1 out of 15 children have that name (Emma, Jacob, Sophia, Aiden, etc). My problem is that I love the names Lucas and Zoe. Ah well, hopefully by the time I have kids they won't be popular (hopefully ).
    Emma, Jacob, Sophia, and Aiden are not popular enough to make them names that 1 of 15 children would have.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I mean that in a school classroom you have to go by both your first name and last initial. But, yeah, you're quite right, 1 out of 15 children isn't plausible.
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Igantius-Jude Sebastian-Eli Augustine-Samuel Damian

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Maura Francesca

Charlotte-Freya-Elisabet-Haidée-Afton-Ishmael-Matthias-Farrow-Crispin-Percy

I think too popular is TOP 10 for me.

I don't think there's ever been a case where a name not even in the TOP 100 has jumped to the TOP 10. I look through the TOP 100 to see names that I think could become more popular during my babies childhood.

I don't want the name to be too popular because I don't want them to be: Ashley T. or Ashley #4 in a classroom.

Past 18 it doesn't really matter if the name becomes popular among little kids.

I do consider a name in the top 10 to be too popular, however, I also consider how many with that namesake I have met. I love Sophia, and it is #1 in popularity, but I personally only know one little girl named Sophia (who lives in a different state) and an older woman names Sophia. So I do not consider it too popular in my case.
    Elizabeth
    ---
    Married my love 10.14.12
    ---

Aiyana¦Ava¦Elaina¦Georgia¦Johanna¦Juliana¦Katherine¦Maia¦Natalia¦Penelope¦Sonya¦Sophia¦Thalia¦Theodora

Alexander¦Gregory¦Henry¦Justin¦Julien¦Lucien¦Nikolai¦Theodore¦Theon

Too popular for me is if its in the top 20. Past that, the name might be common, but not bordering on knowing several growing up. "Hello to all the Jessica's of my generation"....