Names Searched Right Now:

Marguerite nn Maple?

So my husband loves Marguerite and I love Maple so I thought I might suggest this as a compromise. What do you think? I like some other Marguerite nicknames but they're either too popular for me (Daisy, for example) or I just don't like them as much as Maple.

Another one I love is Clover. I know it's unrelated but I kind of like how it used to be more common for people's nicknames to have nothing to do with their formal names.

Anyway, do you think it's too out there or do you like it?

*Also, the main thing keeping me trying with Marguerite is it was Maya Angelou's given name and my daughter Bay's full first name is after Bayard Rustin, who was a gay/ civil rights activist.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

You could do it but I think it's a bit of a stretch to be honest people would probably scratch their heads! You could always go Marguerite Clover nn Clover or Marguerite Maple nn Maple! Maple Marguerite sounds pretty awesome too. What about nn Margot, Maisie, Rita or even Gigi could work?

Maple is definitely not the most expected choice as a nickname for Marguerite but it you love it, use it! Many people have nicknames that are based on their middle names or even completely random.

Other nickname ideas for Marguerite - Maggie, Mae, Gigi, Margo, Margie, Meg, Rita, Gogo, etc..

I do think Bay and Maple sound like siblings
    Check out my baby name videos: www.youtube.com/user/tulipbyanyname

@fluzie, I do love Maisie!

@tulipbyanyname, thanks! I love May/ Mae and considered Margaret with that nn the first time but obviously can't do it now with Bay. I agree that nicknames don't have to be closely related or even related at all to given names. A century ago, many people had completely unrelated nicknames and I don't think it caused too much of a stir.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"