Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I actually think Atlas and Sailor make a really fun sibset! They make me think about sailing around the world, since an atlas is a book of maps. In fact, most people will probably think of atlases first when they hear the name, rather than the mythological character, so word names like Juniper, Marigold, and Vesper (love!) seem like a good fit to me.

But a mythological theme would also be lovely. Penelope immediately came to mind. Penelope and Atlas - they just go together somehow! But maybe Penelope is too long and/or too popular for your tastes. A pp mentioned thinking Juno overpowers Atlas, but I think they go rather well together. (You could even do Juniper, nn Juno.) How about Thora, Tanith, Venus, Danae, Leto, Helen, Irene, or Luna?

That all being said, most of the names on your list seem fine to me as sisters to Atlas. It's totally okay for sons and daughters to have different styles of names. The only one I would suggest scratching is Jane, which seems really plain next to Atlas, but it would still make a nice middle. Oh, and Iris. Although it would fit with a mythological theme, I think the endings sound too similar.
    Last edited by mega_muffin; June 19th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Thank you all infinitely -- these responses were incredibly helpful. I particularly liked:

Geneva
    Calliope *
    Lida
    Selene
    Evadne
    Echo
    Saga *
    Juno *
    Titania *
    Ophelia *
    Hesper *
    Miranda *
    Irene
    Thalia *
    Clio *
    Cordelia *
    Minerva
    Electra ***
    Matilda *
    Rosalind
    Diana
    Persephone *
    Andromeda *
    Artemis *
    Ariadne
    Athena
    Phaedra *
    Odessa
    Zinnia
    Celeste
    Daphne
    Xanthe
    Salome *
    Carys *
    Eurydice *
    Calla
    Lydia
    Nova
    Lumina *
    Thora *
    Lunda *

Elektra was the name that really stood out to me on this list. Gorgeous, quirky, mythological -- perfection!

@mega_muffin: You made me fall in love with Atlas and Sailor as a sibset! You're right -- they both have an air of adventure and travel. I agree that Jane seems too, well, plain, and while I love Atlas and Iris, I also worry that they're too similar.

Fantastic suggestions! Thanks again.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Agh! Freya is my name and Thea is one of my favorites, and both would sound wonderful with Atlas. From your list, I also really like Minerva, Thalia, Clio, Rosalind and Carys and like Electra as well. You may also like Rhea, Roma, Tacita, Yara, Hera, Helena, Selene, or Megara!
    teenberry -- writer -- drama kid
    Current crushes (constantly changing):
    Girls: Thea, Aurelia, Rosalind, Rose, Rowena, Helena, Hermione, Carys, Clio, Cassia, Viola, Lily, Lila, Lucy, Seren, Maia, Mirabel.
    Boys: Miles, James, Jasper, Jude, Graham, Arthur, Oliver, Leo, Lewis, Wesley, Rory, Rowan, Caspian, Silas, Sebastian.

Ooh, I love Roma, Yara, and Helena -- great suggestions! Freya and Thea are both WONDERFUL. I particularly adore Freya. If only my name didn't rhyme...

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...