Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby is here!!

Hybrid View

Baby is here!!

Well baby decided to be born 3 days early on June 17th!

It was the oddest thing...I was asleep and actually dreaming that I was giving birth to our baby when the contractions woke me up! After realizing it was for real, I woke up Theo (or rather threw a pillow at him haha) and off we went to the hospital.

About two and a half hours later, our little boy came into the world at 5:06 am. He weighs in at 7 pounds 4 ounces (same as Daddy when he was born!).

So what did we name him? Get ready...

Lucius Orion Krasimir (a.k.a. Loki)

From the moment we saw his little fluff of blonde hair we knew he was Lucius (that and the fact he was born at dawn). His middle names and nickname were harder to figure out but we are so happy with them now!

And we are especially happy that we got everything we were looking for in a name. A historical, masculine and uncommon but familiar first name, a mythological/nature name, a family name (Krasimir) and a nickname that honors our Scandinavian heritage and further love of mythology (Loki)!

Oh and where did we get Loki from? We got it from his initials that spell it out! It was a cool surprise we decided to take advantage of.

We couldn't be happier with our little Lucius and we are so glad that he was healthy enough to come home this morning!

Thank you for all of your help Berries! We couldn't have decided on a name without your thoughts, advice and suggestions!

Love, Claire, Theo & Lucius "Loki"

Aww, congrats sweetie! That story is very sweet. And I adore his name, it's stunning (and lucked out with the initials, yay!)!! It sounds like you're doing well, which is good. Lots and lots of congrats to all of you, and enjoy all those cosy baby snuggles! xoxox
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Yay, love all the thought put into his name. Congrats.

Thank you so much you two!

Congrats to you on the safe arrival of your baby boy, Lucius Orion Krasimir. A great choice with much sentiment behind them. I'm glad you managed to get to the hospital and didn't have him in bed!
    Last edited by mischa; June 20th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.