Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Jack vs. Jackson

What are your thoughts on Jack alone vs Jackson? Our list is down to Jackson, Mason, Owen, or Oliver. We are in discussion most with Jackson. I am arguing for Jack alone but hubby feels that Jack is short for Jackson and his name should just be Jackson. I offered Jax and he says that's a nickname, too. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    <3 Shannon
    Mama to Ava Grace and baby boy on the way

Jack is not short for Jackson! Remind him it's a mediaeval form of John and that it's probably earned its status as a name in its own right after several hundred years of use, rather than the last 20-odd years in which Jackson has become trendy. I think this stems from the fact I dislike surnames as first names but IMO, Jack is much stronger and more classic and handsome than Jackson, which is clunky and reminds me of MJ. I also think Jack fits better with your daughter's name than Jackson. I vote for Jack!

I think Jack alone has definitely become a name on it's own, and not just a nickname. Just Jack is on my list simply because I don't like the option Jackson. If you like both Jack AND Jackson, then I think you should go with Jackson. That way you both get what you want in some way.

For what it's worth, both Ava and Jack/Ava and Jackson sound wonderful. Good luck!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Jackson seems trendier to me because it makes me think of all the Jaxon's out there. I think Jax is cute, but it's my best friend's dog's name, so.....

I prefer Jack. Also love Owen and Oliver!
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

Jack is spunky and manly. Jackson/Jaxon is trendy. The name Jack can stand on its own. I think Jack and Oliver would make an awesome sibling duo!
    All the best,
    Mischa.