Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    This is my daughter's name. I haven't really had problems with people pronouncing it wrong, but she's only one, so at this point most people hear it before seeing it. The doctor/dentist/etc. asked the first time and they and their staff have mostly gotten it right since then.

We say ee-sold. I wanted the ee-SOLD-uh pronunciation but had to compromise on the simpler ee-sold with DP lol. The only person who consistently says it wrong is my dad. He got it into his head that it's said ih-SAHLD and refuses to say it any other way, but that's how he is about everything. To him, the ch in Chloe sounds like the ch in cheese.
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Argo Arrow Astrophel Aura Beau Chocolat Cocoa Coraline Dandelion Dodger Doe Dragonsong Echo Eve Fable Fifer Hawkeye Indigo Ivan Kingsmark Luck Madrigal Mercury Minerva Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Sonnet Story Theodelinda Tundra Wolfgang

names and stories and such

I think 'I sold' would be common...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

Quote Originally Posted by ruolan View Post
    I had no idea there were so many pronunciations of this name. I normally think of it as eez-uhld, but with super soft vowels. I think it is very usable. Since most people have probably never met an Isolde, yours can establish how to say it!

Follow up question for the people suugesting the original: do you pronounce the "t" in Iseult/Yseult or is it silent?
    I believe it's pronounced.
    Damian Bosco-Raphael Anthony-Charles Dominic-Jude Vianney-Samuel Piers

Genevieve Naiara-Lidia Christiana-Isabeau Maria-Juliet Louisiana

Tatiana-Naomi-Boheme-India-Saoirse-Ruadan-Edmund-Gideon-Luke-Declan

I would pronounce Isolde ee-ZAWL-du or ee-ZOL-də.
    If your going more for EE-səlt I would spell it the French way: Yseult or the Celtic: Ysolt.
    I think the Y would steer you away from the potentially perilous I sound (which I personally hate).
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).