Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What does 'too popular' mean to you?

I was talking to my mother today about names. I would throw out some and every once in a while she'd say, "I love it but its too popular." I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I was wondering everyone's opinions were about popularity. Has to be outside the top ten? Top 100? Not even in the top 1000? What is too popular? Does popularity even matter to you? I would love to hear everyone's ideas about it. Thanks!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Lena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

Too popular to me means that I should know at least 3 children with the name. I know about 5 children with the name "Emma" so I would consider it popular.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Like @oboeplayer1, if I know several children with the same name, then it's much too popular (though I'm not around children that often.) Also, if a name is around the top 100, I'm more likely to pass on it, especially if I'm iffy about the name to begin with.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Its more popular then the person wants really. Like some people think top 1000 is too popular, mine is top 10 because I would hate to be one of three. But it doesn't ruin the child so I don't really care.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

"Too popular" to me means it's within the top 200 and/or I personally know more than two people with that name.
    Last edited by beeba; June 19th, 2013 at 12:04 AM.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    Eugenia Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Robin, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben