Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kit

Kitt would be nice for a boy! Hubby really hates it for a boy though. But to my surprise he is seeming like he may agree to clementine nn kit for a little girl! But he likes it only as klementine. Do you think this would be acceptable?

Klementine is too Kardashian-ish for my tastes, and way to trendy. It just looks and feels really awkward, and if I met a Klementine I'd probably roll my eyes at her parents. Clementine is lovely, and Kit is a great nickname for it! If he's worried about the C-name with a K-nickname, you could remind him that Kit is a common nickname for Christopher.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I really like Kit as a nickname for Atticus and Beckett.

For girls I can't really think of any others that haven't been suggested except for Annika or Kira/Kirrily with a T middle name which is kind of a stretch.
    Hazel Beatrice, Eleanor Astrid, Fiona Scarlett, Cecilia Haven, Juliet Marian, Josephine Clara, Felicity Violet, Gemma Lilac, Iris Adelaide, Amelia Penelope, Cassia Reverie

Oliver Gabriel, Julian Arthur, August Henry, Jasper Atticus, Wesley Felix, Miles Edward, Liam Sebastian, Harry Lachlan, Damon Alastair, Christian Thomas, Luke Edward

Crushing on: Simon, Elowen, Artemis, Dashiell, Reverie, Lux, Miette, Bellamy, Winter, Avalon, Daisy, Isla, Aurora, Lincoln, Finn, Desmond, Ivy, Luna

I noticed both of the girls have L middle names and short first names.. so how about :

Kate Lynn (instead of Caitlin)
    Kate Leigh
    Kate Lys

Ivy, Cora, Kate (nn Kit)?

You could just call her Kit. I see nothing wrong with nonsequitur nicknames.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire