Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French 'Ana' Names?

Hi there!

I'm super excited to be a part of Nameberry! I've taken a look at the site here and there but since we're having a bit of a naming dilemma, I thought it would be a good time to join in the fun!

Anyway, back on topic..NAMES! My SO and I are trying to find that perfect name for our baby girl which is hard. I am head-over-heels in LOVE with the name 'Ana' (ON-uh rather than Ann-uh) however my SO is dead-set on a French name to honor family heritage. I'm totally up for the idea but I am trying to find one where we could use 'Ana' as a nickname; but haven't been coming up with anything I'm loving

Do you have any ideas? I came across 'Arianne' though I'm not sure if it's French or not and I'm worried about the "Ann" rather than "On. I also want to make sure the name is pronounceable in English since we live in the United States. I'm also open to other French names that don't have 'Ana' as a nickname (I would just really love it if I could find one). If it helps, last name is pronounced jur-roo (jur pronounced like 'jury')

I would recommend Anais (it's french and contains "Ana") Congratulations!
    --Guys--
    Dean, Ernest, Harrison, Jude, Samson, Theodore

--Dolls--
    Dahlia, Georgia, Jane, Leona, Ramona, Violet

Liana springs to mind. It's French, and it contains the sound you're looking for.

Enjoying being a newlywed..................................................... .....................
    Elena | Clara | Ruby | Elizabeth | Juliet | Anastasia | Cordelia
    Henry | Lucas | Nathaniel | Isaac | Phillip | Caspian | Everett
    .....................................................but dreaming of little ones down the road.

lillian85- I had considered Anais but I was worried that it may be mispronounced? And then there was the whole "do we use the accents/dots above the I or would that complicate things more?" so it's on a "maybe" list for me currently!

fanciful- I went to school with an awful girl named Liana who has ruined that name for me

I used the NB search and came up with these French Ana names:

Liana (maybe you could reverse it to Ana-Li, Ahna-Lee)
    Anabelle
    Anais
    Flaviana
    Louisiana
    Morgana
    Romanade

These are a few more options:
    Anette (Annette)
    Liahna
    Marianne (Mariana?)

French names that you could use for nn Ana:
    Angelique
    Anna-Marie (Ana-Marie)
    Brie-Ana/Brieana
    Liliane/Liliana
    Lys-Ana
    Oliviane
    Orianne
    Suzanne

I am not sure if Andula is French or not, but Ana could be used as a nn.

Oceane is French, perhaps Oceana would work.
    Son: Jacob Milton
    Granddaughter: Shiloh
    Grandson: Niko

Current favorites:
    Jensen, Althea, Alliyah, McKaili, Lilliana, Everly, Briar, Kiley, Madilyn, Athena
    Elijah, Noah, Sebastian, Theo, McKia