Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's wrong with this name?

In a previous thread, I got some feedback that Stellan Xavier was a very strange combo and imbalanced somehow... but I never got a response as to how/why.

I'm not the best with flow, and I've been curious ever since. It sounds good to me! I say Xavier "ex-ZAY-vee-yer" or close to that anyway.

Would Stellan Rhys be much better? Rhys is my go-to middle name. It works with almost everything!

While you're here, if anyone feels like pointing out any other combos in my signature that are or are not working, please feel free!

Thanks
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

Hmmm... I'm not sure why, but did it have anything to do with the surname? Really, the deciding factor between Stellan Xavier and Stellan Rhys for me would be the surname...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

It seems likely that the person who made that comment was pronouncing Xavier without the "ex" at the beginning, a common way to pronounce the name. However, I prefer your pronunciation and I think Stellan Xavier sounds marvelous. I prefer it, in fact, to Stellan Rhys. As for the names in your signature, I think they are all wonderful, though something about the double syllable pair Milo Vincent does give me a bit of a pause (not anything I'd consider important enough to discard the name for, though).

I like them both, but I prefer Stellan Xavier. I've had both of those names listed at one point or another and I think they sound well together. With Xavier, there are a few pronunciations (ZAY-vier) (ZAY-vi-er) (EX-zay-vyer) as well as yours so that could lead people to thinking its unbalanced.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Oh good. I'm glad you like it! One person also said they preferred the J spelling (Javier?) which to me is a totally different name, so I should have know it was a pronunciation issue. Thanks!
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent