Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ur thoughts on the below list of baby girl names..

I am looking for modern baby names(boy and girl) starting with S or J or Ev. Also i would prefer a name having less than 7 letters. Love to hear ur thoughts on the below list or suggest new ones..

Stefan
    Joel
    Jayden
    Evan
    Ethan
    Juan

Eva
    Evelyn
    Juana
    Jia
    Jordana
    Sandra

Stefan - I like this, but I fear it will be mistaken for Steven. If you're ok putting up with that it's a good name.
    Joel - I like this too, very handsome.
    Jayden - Not a fan, I find it very trendy
    Evan - Nice, I do think of the film Evan Almighty as I've never known anyone with the name though
    Ethan - Not keen, I prefer Nathan to Ethan, it just has a nicer sound
    Juan - Only if you're Hispanic

Eva - Gorgeous, my favourite of your girl names
    Evelyn - Like as Eve-lyn, dislike as Ev-uh-lyn
    Juana - Again, only if you're Hispanic. I look at it and think a trendy spelling of Joanna, from an English-speaking point of view.
    Jia - Only Jia I've known was Chinese, so I can only picture it on a Chinese girl.
    Jordana - Prefer Jordan for a boy to Jordana for a girl, dislike -ana names.
    Sandra - Very dated. Don't know any younger than their 50s. If you're looking for 'modern' names, this isn't one.

Other suggestions:

Scott
    Samuel
    Everett
    Joseph
    James
    Jorje (I don't know many Hispanic names but I'm guessing from your list you're open to them - prn hor-hay)

Shannon
    Shana
    Sadie
    Evanna
    Jade
    Jessica

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Stefan - Not really my style, and it is probably going to be mistaken for Stevan. You could spell it with a ph
    Joel -Masculine and simple. I like it, though i would never use it but that is for personal reasons.
    Jayden -I can see it on a girl not a guy. I know that Jaden Smith hasn't helped with the image of seeing the name on a girl.
    Evan -Makes me think of a football player but idk why. This name is so-so
    Ethan -I like this a ton more than Evan.
    Juan - I feel the same way as @essjay

Eva -Makes me think of the movie WALL-E but idk if I'm pronouncing it right
    Evelyn - to old lady ish
    Juana -Again, see @essjay
    Jia -Simple, clean. I like it
    Jordana -I prefer Jordan
    Sandra -Feels outdated
    Alexis
    teen berry
    excuse my username

Of your boy names, I like Ethan, Evan, Joel and Stefan. Ethan is my favorite but it is uber popular right now, so I would say Stefan is my choice. Jayden is also extremely popular/trendy.

Your girl names are not MY style, but Eva and Evelyn are nice. Sandra feels very dated to me.

Boy ideas: Elias, Elliot, Emmet, Emrys, Enzo, Evander*, Everett*, Ezra, Jasper, Jonah, Jude, Julian, Sawyer, Sayer, Silas, Soren, Stellan.
    Girl ideas: Eliana, Eliora, Eliza, Elodie, Eloise, Esme, Etta, Eve*, Everly*, Jessa, Josie, Juliet, Juniper, Selah, Sienna, Sierra, Sophie, Stella, Sybil, Sylvie.

(realized after the fact you said Ev not just E...)
    Cora Etta Fiona Hazel Madeleine Matilda Penelope Sylvie Vivienne Zara
    Archer Emmett Emrys Ianto Jasper Julian Leo Rhys Sawyer Theo

I like the boy names of Ethan, Joel, and Evan. From your girls list I really like Evelyn, and you have the option of the nn Evie!