Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Everly? Classic, vintage or just trendy?

So, funny thing is a few weeks back I was doing research on my family tree. Found out my grandfather's only sister was named... Everlee (I am from the deep South) I thought it was really pretty! Then I saw that the Tatum's used Everly for their baby girl. I looked up the meaning, and well.. was not impressed at all with it, but it left me wondering, is it a vintage name? Is it a Classic or is it just a trendy name. I have no idea where my great grandmother got the name from so, so many years ago.... Just funny to see it "back"
    Thoughts..
    Do like the combo Everly Grace ; fwiw....
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I find it trendy, sorry. I find Eve, Eva and Evelyn vintage but Ever and Everly more modern and trendy. Was there an Evelyn or a Lee in your family tree? Maybe it was a smoosh name after two relatives, given the spelling.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Good thought! WE have LOTS of Lee's... not sure about an Evelyn, will have to look.
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I consider Everly vintage. The fact that it is on trend now doesn't take away the fact that it is an old name, just like (almost) every -ley name. I love Everly but prefer just Ever, although I'm liking Ever Lee. Not a fan pf Grace but there's nothing wrong with it.

My grandmother has a smoosh name similar to Everlee. I have found plenty of other woman, also in their 80s, with her name. I'm guessing people just weren't great spellers back then

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Everly is neither classic or vintage. It's super TRENDY. There may be some Everlys in family trees as it could be a family surname but I don't think it's been commonly chosen for a first name until quite recently.
    All the best,
    Mischa.