Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which of these is your favorite?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amelia Joelle

23 23.96%
  • Corinne Joelle

4 4.17%
  • Kaia Joelle

3 3.13%
  • Leighton Amelia

8 8.33%
  • Marin Amelia

13 13.54%
  • Lieve Joelle (lee-vuh)

9 9.38%
  • Morgan Joelle

1 1.04%
  • Carys Amelia

35 36.46%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Definitely Carys Amelia for me! Second choice would be Marin Amelia, third choice would be Amelia Joelle. They're all lovely.

Leighton and Morgan are NMS, but I do like Kaia, just not as much as the other names. I agree that Corinne Joelle sounds a bit choppy.

I voted for Leighton Amelia.

My thought process:

Amelia Joelle - too "l" heavy
    Corinne Joelle - Okay, but something feels off...too much passivity? (inne and elle are very passive-sounding endings) It's fine if you like passivity, though.
    Kaia Joelle - Something is off here...maybe it's the syllables?
    Leighton Amelia - never been a fan of "on" names on girls.
    Marin Amelia - not bad if you like more masculine names, but again, that in/on sound is too masculine for me.
    Lieve Joelle (lee-vuh) - I would say Leev Joelle, which sounds quite insulting. Lieva might be better, but like Amelia, it's quite l-heavy.
    Morgan Joelle - prefer Marin Amelia if you're going to sound masculine - it's less common than Morgan and softer.
    Carys Amelia - you know, I've never liked the name Carys, but this combo is beautiful! It flows well, isn't common, and isn't repetitive. And Carys seems to be in your style: somewhat masculine-sounding (like Morgan and Leighton), with a strong sounding part (Car-, similar to Mor- or -ton) and a softer sounding part (-ys, similar to -gan and leigh-.)

So my vote goes for Carys Amelia.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, and so many many more

Wow, thanks so much for all the feedback! I have to say I'm really surprised to see that Carys Amelia is winning (by a longshot)! That one has just kind of been hanging on for us but we haven't really given it too much attention. But you're all correct, it does have a very pretty flow. Works well with our very Dutch (and very long, hard sounding) last name. Thanks so much!

PS. A couple of you have said that you like Corinne but aren't crazy about Corinne Joelle. So I'm wondering if Corinne Amelia is a better option? Or if not, what middle name would you put with Corinne? Again, for us it should be kind of simple since we have a long, difficult last name (not necessarily one syllable though, just nothing too out there).
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

My favorite would be Corinne Amelia. That is the most lovely. I voted for Carys Amelia though.
    Anya Angelina, Alessandra Mary, Delilah Claire, Adella India, Lydia Emanuella, Susannah Lenore, Caroline Michaela, Rikarah Jade, Liadah Cristina, Leah Cassandra, Alicia Cordelia, Eliza Francesca, Jade Antonia, Jessamine Faith, Audrina Rosemary, Shana Ariadne, Dana Rachel
    Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph, Gavin Daniel, Daniel Alexander, Lewis Malcolm, Jared Levi, Jesse Gabriel, Connor Michael, Callum Wade, Keegan Jude, Quentin Dominick, Micah Lucian, Miguel Antonio, Adam Gabriel