Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Sibling for Millie- due date in 10 days!

I'm still undecided about a baby name. Our daughter is Amelia, but always called Millie.

The girl names we like best right now are:
    -Emmeline
    -Margaret
    -Elinor
    -Violet

I'm worried about picking a name that sounds nice next to Millie, which sounds sweet and a little frilly to me. For what it's worth, I strongly prefer classic, old fashioned, not-too-popular names (obviously, I didn't call that so well with Amelia!) The middle name is going to be either Mae or Camilla (both family names).

Thanks in advance for the help!

From your list, I like Violet best, both aesthetically and as a stylistic match (and phonetic contrast) for Amelia. I think I like Violet Mae better than Violet Camilla
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

With Amelia, I really like Elinor... Millie & Ellie or Millie & Nellie, Millie & Nora...lots of cute nn possibilities there as well!
    I love the combo Elinor Mae.
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

I really love Emmeline & Violet from your list.

Emmeline Mae or Violet Mae!
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Elinor Mae would be my first choice. Amelia and Elinor ( Mille and Ellie or Millie and Nora) are great sister names, Margaret Camilla would be second choice. Amelia and Margaret (Millie and Maggie) work well together too.

To me, I see the the Emma variations as overdone and Violet is becoming popular.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.