Names Searched Right Now:

Refreshing choice of a facebook friend

My facebook friend that I knew from a long while back just posted her baby's name - Calliope Jean nn Callie! I've heard Callie but I've only ever heard name-nerds talk about the name Calliope (and only hypothetically), so it was refreshing to see. I'm pretty sure Jean is after a family member of hers. What do you guys think? (And as a side note, what's your favorite full name for Callie? I like Calista and Calypso the best but Calliope and Caroline are good too!)
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Calliope is lovely and I agree that it's a refreshing choice. It's a name my husband especially likes. I think Calliope has been boosted by the character of Calliope Iphegenia "Callie" Torres (who could also go by Callie Jean ) on "Grey's Anatomy", though.

Love love love! I adore Calliope and the middle goes nicely.

I always love that name.. it's on my personal list. And to answer your question, I'm torn. I think I love all Callie longer version. Calliope and Callista are both I consider for future daughter, but I love Calypso too.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion

Nice! Congratulations to you friend.