Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    If you or your SO is French, I think you can do it. It's such a guilty pleasure name for me, ever since I saw that video of an adorable little Capucine telling stories a few years ago (if you haven't seen her videos, look up capucha on Vimeo). If you're not French, I think it would only pass if you live somewhere with an historically French population and familiarity with the language like New Orleans.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I would only use it if I (or my SO) was French.

I don't drink it either but my first thought is cappuccino. I don't think it's "normal enough" to fit in with Josephine, Emmeline, and Caroline. It's a lot more unusual and I think a child with the name in the US would get a lot of weird looks. Then again, I'm not one of those that thinks anything French is automatically chic and cool, so that may change things.

I do think Capucine is better suited as a middle name and Sylvia Capucine is lovely.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I'm not a fan...I think of cappuccino or Capuchin monkeys, like a previous poster said. Just because something's "chic" in France doesn't mean it'd go over well on another continent - sorry!
    Note: If you're using it as a middle name, I think it's "okay". Definitely not something I would use, but I wouldn't judge you for using it haha. But it's a definite no from me as a first name.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

Thanks, ladies! For those who said they'd only use it if I or my SO was French... atm, there is no SO, and there is a very itty-bitty part of me that's French, but that's not why I would use it. My best friend was French--she'd lived in Paris the majority of her life--and she passed away Dec. 2011. So picking a French name would be in honor of her memory.

@scarletrune - Well, I never would have made the Capucine = cappuccino association on my own--it didn't hit me until someone mentioned it on here, so I was just wondering how strong of a connection it was for people.

I'm also considering Zara Capucine, Grace Capucine, and Audrey Capucine from other names on my list--do any of those top Sylvia Capucine--or Elise Capucine (which others seemed not to love so much, but I still really like it)?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George