Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Capucine? Is it usable?

Lately, I've been crushing on the name Capucine. I know it's essentially unheard of in the US, but I hear it's quite chic in French, and it seems normal enough that it could fit in with Josephine, Emmeline, Caroline, etc. I realize it's quite close to cappuccino, but I don't drink coffee, so my mind isn't really there--is the connection too strong? How would you feel if you met a little Capucine? Is it better reserved as a MN? My best friend used to babysit a little girl named Capucine, nn Capu, and I've loved it ever since I came across it--I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to use it.

Today I've been mulling around Sylvia Capucine or Elise Capucine, but I'm unsure. Thoughts? Any other Capucine lovers out there?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

It has a very pretty sound to it, but I think to most English speakers (or to me at least) it brings up the word Cappuccino. For me it also made me think of a Capuchin monkey.

Yes yes! Sylvia Capucine would be beautiful and refreshing. I love nasturtiums - so spicy, and they remind me of Monet. The hint of cappuccino isn't a bad thing either. This may be my favorite of your names yet.

Sylvia Capucine is lovely.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

I like Capucine very much, but French names are almost always lovely! If you are not sure about using it as a first name then as a middle would be a good compromise. I like both Sylvia and Elise, but prefer Sylvia Capucine.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them