Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Capucine is really pretty and sweet! My sister used to know a Capucine- her friend's exchange student, from France. She'd be about 14 or 15 now I think. I don't drink coffee and I still think of cappucino, but it's not a bad connection IMO. Ash, I seem to remember you mentioning that using a French name would honour your best friend, right? And even more so with Capucine because of the girl she babysat. I think it's always nice when names have a personal meaning for the person who uses it beyond the literal meaning.
    Yes, it would! Well, honestly, she was French, lived most of her life in Paris. So I mean, it's not a very direct honor, but it took me a while to get to the place where I love her actual name (Amélie). I'm still not sure about actually using Amélie, but yes, I do like the idea of using French names in honor of her. That's partially the appeal behind using Isabelle as opposed to Isabella, Isobel, and Isabel--it's the French variant.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

The first thing that came to my mind was definitely 'like cappucino?' I would keep it as a middle name, because in addition to the cappucino association it would be hard for people here to pronounce/spell. I can see the appeal though, Capu is super cute!
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I like it I've met a Capucine once. It's so chic, and I love French names.

Juliet, Arabella, Willow, Camilla, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Giselle, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Eliora, Aurelia, Emalina, Maëlys, Lumina, Lavender, Seraphina

Jeremy, Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Micah, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Samson, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim

Sylvia Capucine is beautiful! I think it work best as a middle name but it would make a pretty darn awesome first name too! Like several others my first thoughts were coffee and monkey but I think if people were to meet an adorable little Capusine they would get past those associations pretty quickly, my only fears would be elementry and middle school (and little brothers lol).
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsfan01 View Post
    I do like the flow of Sylvia Capucine! My first thought though was Capuchin Monkey
    Yup, I thought Capuchin Monkey and Cappucino. I like the look of it but don't really know how it would be accepted as a name.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden