Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Name Practicality

I was thinking about this earlier. How many Kynlies, Brynns, Kyleighs, Jynzees, Bellas, and Livianas are there? Can you imagine little Aeynzleigh as a 95-year-old nursing home resident? Or otherwise, picture Prynceleesa-Alicileigh applying for Yale. I just would like to know about other people's viewpoints. Your opinions would be great. I hope I don't offend anyone- I deeply admire your kree8ivitee.
    I am not saying I don't appreciate these names. I do not have any problems with them. I am not trying to make anyone feel uncomfortable and I do not want mean things said on this forum- I just would like to know about others' positions on these names are. Please do not post anything hurtful to anyone else-me or other posters! I just would like to know your opinions, that's all.
    Last edited by oboeplayer1; June 19th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Liviana isn't made-up sounding. It just seems like a natural extension to Livia, which is a perfectly normal name. Same with Bella and Brynn.
    Previous account: elrock13

I agree. These crazy people think they are setting apart their children, and indeed they are. And not in a good way, at that.
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Ransom-Jude Matthias-Damian Pascal-Eli Constantine

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Aster-Maura Francesca

Honor-Elisabeta-Maeve-Afton-Ophelia-Calhoun-Ishmael-Arthur-Monroe-Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by elliebean13 View Post
    Liviana isn't made-up sounding. It just seems like a natural extension to Livia, which is a perfectly normal name. Same with Bella and Brynn.

When I said Liviana, I didn't mean that it was extremely unusual- just that it is not a common name. Otherwise, it is not an unattractive name to me. With Bella and Brynn I just meant that they were overused and there are probably a million girls with those names. I didn't mean to offend anyone- just throwing my opinion out there.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

It's difficult bringing up this subject without offending people. However, I do agree with your viewpoint. I dislike made up names intensely.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter