Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Graeme...with our last name?

Hello All,
    Need some input.... so we like the name Graeme for our next son but am wondering if it may be too rhyme-y with our last name. Our last name rhymes with Hammer. We pronounce Graeme with more of a long A sound but know that many will say Graeme with a short A. So... Graeme Hammer....too rhyme-y or ok.
    Thanks,
    Shelby

IMO, if you're going to pronounce it "gray-um", it's totally fine. The "gram" pronunciation (as in milligram, kilogram, etc.) would be too rhyme-y.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I pronounce it "Gram", so for me it is too rhymy. It's also worth thinking about how people in your local area will pronounce it...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

No it's not rhyme-y at all. Are you considering Grae/Gray as a nn? It might help people to pronounce Graeme correctly if they associate it with 'gray'

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Gray-um pronunciation (the only one I'm familiar with, never heard Gram ) is fine next to Hammer. I usually prefer the Graham spelling but Graham Hammer has the repetitive 'ham', so I actually like Graeme better for you.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George