Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sister theme?

The names in your signature have a really southern feel to them, imo. Sunday fits in well with most of them. I think going for a calendar theme would be a little over the top. I like pp Lemon's suggestions, especially a vintage style name.

No problem at all. Happy to discuss further in PM.

Also, to add on to Carley's thought, I agree a calendar theme takes it from sweet to over-the-top, in the wrong direction unfortunately.

So, if you're going for a seasonal name, say Autumn, go for a variant on the theme, like Hazel, Juniper, Laurel, or Olive (Maple, Marigold, the list goes on and on, and the key to choosing an appropriate nature name with Sunday is to go with one with a vintage nickname - Junie for Juniper, Livy for Olive, Mae for Maple, Goldie for Marigold - to bring it down to earth), or something more name-like such as Keziah or Cassia. Something warm and charming usually fits the bill.

Lemon
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

No problem at all. Happy to discuss further in PM.

Also, to add on to Carley's thought, I agree a calendar theme takes it from sweet to over-the-top, in the wrong direction unfortunately.

So, if you're going for a seasonal name, say Autumn, go for a variant on the theme, like Hazel, Juniper, Laurel, or Olive (Maple, Marigold, the list goes on and on, and the key to choosing an appropriate nature name with Sunday is to go with one with a vintage nickname - Junie for Juniper, Livy for Olive, Mae for Maple, Goldie for Marigold - to bring it down to earth), or something more name-like such as Keziah or Cassia. Something warm and charming usually fits the bill.

Also, a more vintage name as opposed to a straight theme name may have more staying power, so something like Lena or your idea of Willa, something like Alice, too. Or, for that six-letter theme, a name like Elinor, Hannah, Isabel, Louisa, or Violet. Especially when you get cute nicknames - Sunny and Ibby, Sunny and Lulu, Sunny and Vi. So, maybe Sunday Kate, Louisa Lace, Isabel Faye, or Violet Jane - a mix of those with a couple other wordy names?

Lemon
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I think Sunday and Lacie would make an adorable sister set! Both a little different and word names. However, if you're set on Lace/Lacie as a middle how about
    Seraphina Lace - starts with an S, and the connection to angels works really well with Sunday in my mind.
    Magnolia Lace - might be a bit much with two word names but I love the idea of Sunday and Magnolia, Maybe Magnolia Jane? Love the one sylible, long a middle name connection to Sunday Kate, Lacie Jane would also be adorable
    Cementine Lace - again maybe too much word name but Clementine and Sunday would be lovely
    Astoria Lace - love your idea of Story but Story Lace just doesn't work. Astoria would give you the nn Story. Also it's one letter longer than Sunday so that could be a theme, Sunday Kate, Astoria Lace, Magnolia Faye, Seraphina Jane. As long as you don't plan on having more than 5 kids or so I think this would be a fun theme.
    Bethany Lace - Sunday and Bethany both end in y, plus ABC would be a fun theme to do. Sunday, Bethany, Clementine
    Celestia Lace - another wordish name, Sunday and Celestia
    Aurora Lace - really like this with Sunday, Aurora Grace, Aurora Faye, or Aurora Jane would be awesome too
    Araminta Lace - Not sure why but this just seems like a good sister for Sunday Kate, plus Minty is an adorable nn
    Last edited by averelladavina; June 18th, 2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: thought of another name
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~

Sunday Kate is adorable. Sunday is one of my favorite girl names. I like Willa with Sunday as well. If you really wanted to keep the 4-letter middle theme, what about pairing it down to Lacy as a spelling? Just an idea!
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina