Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Although I have recommended it to people in the forums I really do not like the name Penelope (not sure why though). It might be the vibes I get from it. I'm also not a fan of Annabel/le, Adelaide and Eloise.

Its probably because of all the hype these names receive here on the forums.
    Last edited by sunshine kid; June 24th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    I agree with the poster above me! Sloane is the ugliest-sounding name I've ever heard (and all i think of is how Bridget Jones describes certain women as "sloane-y" and even though i have no idea what she actually means by that, its obviously negative). Greer is just...blah. I don't hate it, but it sounds like a pointless waste of letters to me

It's not that I can't stand these names, but I just don't find the sound or look of them attractive at all. Sloane reminds me of stone - and stones are grey, bland and boring, which rubs off on the name - and Greer just sounds agressive to me, like the Grrrrrr sound an angry person makes. I just can't shake either association, and neither one is good, which is probably why the names just don't appeal to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    But August the month was named after Augustus the man
    Exactly, which is why I prefer Augustus to August. Augustus is a man, August is a month.
    Last edited by essjay; June 24th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Tatum. It makes me think of potatoes and doesn't seem at all feminine to me.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

Annabelle/Anabel - or really any -elle/belle names they just sound stupid and a lot of the time made up and overly princessy, but Annabelle is my most hated of them all, though I really like Anna.
    Genevieve - I just don't like it, I'm never 100% sure on how I'm supposed to pronounce it and I don't see it's appeal in general.
    Mae - I just really don't like this spelling, I adore May though.
    Rowan on boys - I'm biased, it's my name.
    Audrey - It is completely an old woman name for me, all I think of is Audrey Roberts from Coronation Street and nothing else.
    Boys names on girls eg. Charlie/Jordan - there is tons of great girls names, why could you have not picked one of them?
    Pretty much all the Br- names eg. Brailey - Sounds so ridiculously made up.
    The names that rhyme with Aidan - I like Aidan though.
    Most place names - London, Brooklyn, Camden, ect.

I think Bridget Jones is referring to Sloane St in London isn't she when she uses sloane-y? I'm guessing it's a reference to posh, up-themselves people, but maybe that's just my own prejudices showing through. I agree, it's not a name that appeals to me.