Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    There are plenty of names I don't like just because I don't. Nevaeh is the worst IMO. It looks and sounds awful to me, it's not very creative (although I'm sure the people who use it think it is), and it just strikes me as morbid to name your child "heaven" spelled backwards (I can't really explain why).

When you think about it, though, it doesn't really make that much sense to hate "misspelled" names or "word" names (like Clover, August, Apple, Winter, etc.) Names are just words. When you look up my middle name, Suzanne, it means "lily". It's the name of a plant, just in a different language. Why does that make it acceptable? Plus, it's not spelled the way it would be in Hebrew, so doesn't that mean it's a "cre8tive" spelling? We accept it because it's been used for a long time, but someone must have made it up back then, right?

I'm not saying that I like or would use a "cre8tive" name (I most certainly would not!); I'm just putting things in perspective.

Nevaeh is just horrible in every way. I knew someone who actually used it, a former coworker. I couldn't believe someone would do that IRL.

10 worst names: Neveah, Toby, Bobby, Bambi, Henry (I know it's traditional, but I always think of a henpecked husband), Berniece, Bubba, Topher, Hildegard, Kiefer.

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    I adore Gus, but August is a month, not a name to me.
    But August the month was named after Augustus the man
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    But August the month was named after Augustus the man
    Oh my goodness, have I missed you!

Jane.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]