Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name Day Tomorrow...

My husband and I are finding out the gender of our third baby tomorrow. We select a name on the day of the ultrasound; we call it "Name Day".

Boy names are solid. Girl names are troublesome.

Here are a few front-runners that are NOT solid or super loved:

Elowen Laurel
    Ashlon Laurel
    Cameron Laurel

Here are a few others that have been discussed or are loved by one party and rejected by the other:

Paisley, Pepper, Addison, Ellison, Auberon, Haydon, Avalon, Brennon, Hadley.

What do you think?

(Elowen is probably our combined favorite, but we have a daughter named Rowen.)

I think that you can have Elowen and Rowen. I prefer Elowen Laurel by far, it's very pretty and not very common.

I really like your "Name Day", I think it's a really cool tradition!

I also like Elowen the most by far of your choices. My second choice would be Laurel, if that's an option. Laurel Avalon sounds nice.

I also like the idea of Name Day! Good luck and can't wait to hear what you select!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I like Elowen best, even with a sister named Rowen.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Well, it is a girl! (Of course, since girl names are so hard for us!) We narrowed it down to 9 names on "Name Day" but my poor husband is sick and wanted to decide on a clear head...so her "Name Day" is post poned.

Here is what we have:

Paisley Danielle or Paisley Allene
    Pepper
    Addison Danielle
    Elowen Laurel
    Ashlon Laurel or Ashlon Danielle
    Haydon Danielle or Haydon Allene
    Hadley Danielle or Hadley Allene
    Bronwen
    Evolen Laurel

I think Haydon will be the first to go. We LOVE Evolen, but I am slightly concerned about the spelling. (Evelyn is not an option.) Paisley I love now, but am afraid it is just a crush...plus I have my heart set on including an "o". Addison is a favorite but soooo common right now. Bronwen is awful with our last name, but we love it so having a hard time letting go.